Tuesday 9 August 2016

Marshmallow muffins



My guys love marshmallows. Any size, any flavour... I have to hide the bags of marshmallows or they will be emptied faster than I can say marshmallows. I mostly use them for decorating the bakes or pancakes. Yesterday Eddie asked if we could put marshmallows inside the cupcakes.
I baked a batch, thinking I would also decorate them with a bit of icing and more marshmallows, but they look so pretty as they are, with popped up marshmallows. Muffins then, not cupcakes.



Marshmallow muffins
Ingredients:
120g butter
120g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
150g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
60g cornflour
4tbsp milk
a handful of mini marhsmallows

Cream the butter and caster sugar together, beat in the eggs, add vanilla essence, self-raising flour, baking powder, cornflour and milk, mix well. Then scoop a big handful of mini marshmallows and add to the cake batter, mix together.
Spoon the cake batter in 8 paper muffin cases inserted into the muffin tray. Place the tray in the oven preheated to 180C. Bake for about 20+ minutes.
Marshmallows closer to the top will pop and melt over the surface.
Lovely muffins for those who have a sweet tooth.







4 comments:

  1. My son is like that with marshmallows as well, they disappear fast. These muffins are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to hide packs, or the boys would make them disappear in 60 seconds

      Delete
  2. An interesting idea! I make my own marshmallows, much better than shop bought to be honest. Fool proof recipe, let me know if you want it! I bet Eddie would love to help you cutting them up (it's super messy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes please, I have never made my own marshmallows, would love to try.

      Delete