Saturday 21 November 2015

Photo diary: week 47, 365

Last Sunday was a big day for Eddie and our family. He was baptised. It might sound a bit strange that he wasn't baptised until now. Eddie's going to a CoE school, and he enjoys the Sunday service in the church nearby. It was his decision that he wanted to be baptised, and I respect it. I must have a bit of an anabaptist in me, as I agree with their doctrine that when babies are baptised, they don't do it consciously. Even 5 might be too early to fully understand what you commit to. Eddie was quite overwhelmed at the ceremony, just whispering his answers.


We are easily amused. On the way to school we spotted this Eddie truck. A shame it had a different surname.


I'm looking for an evening dress as my husband and I are going out for an evening at the beginning of December. It doesn't have to be a long dress as it's not that kind of event. I've been wandering through the High Street shops, trying on different outfits. I'm still looking. I liked the feel of that floaty dress, but it doesn't flatter my body shape. I also think it's for younger & thinner girls than me.


Is it just me. or these mannequins look passive aggressive?! They really make me think of the Russian organised crime. These guys could be just the bratva with whom you don't want to mess around, Not sure it's the outlook New Look tried to achieve.



On Thursday I received a new book. It was sent by Mumsnet for reviewing. I don't often read ghost stories, but I enjoy an occasional foray into the genre. And that chocolate orange pot was very lush, I found it in Waitrose on offer. The ramekin is also very cute, and I'm going to reuse it.



The town is all festooned now with garlands of Christmas lights and decorations. Eddie was delighted to see the Christmas lights, he doesn't mind that it is too early for the decorations. On the way home from school he admired all the twinkling adornments.


And today we stopped by in Cargo to take an Elfie Selfie, though technically it's not a selfie. Not sure anyone can hold a paper beard on a stick, a hat and take a selfie, even if someone else is holding the frame.


8 comments:

  1. That's great he chose to be baptised. Must mean a lot more to him having chosen to do so.

    Yum, I love chocolate desserts - and all the better when there's gorgeous reusable dishes. I have a whole cupboard of Gu glass ones that I must use up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I'm very tempted to go through the whole range to collect all the colours of ramekins, lol

      Delete
  2. He looks very proud of himself in that first photo. Those Christmas lights are pretty and the Elfie Selfie made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! He was very proud indeed, bless him.

      Delete
  3. Fab photos! Your boy looks so proud in that first photo.
    Those mannequins do look quite scary! Eek! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I was walking today in town, and most of the mannequins are in black. Where are festive bright outfits?

      Delete
  4. Looks very smart on Sunday, and love his elfie selfie look.
    Why worry about who the dress is for if you like it and feel comfortable in it then go for it.
    Love your take on the mannequins, I never take much notice of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol at the window displays and yes, Russian mafia does spring to mind

    ReplyDelete