Saturday 28 March 2015

Photo diary: Week 13, 365

22.03 For a whole week Britmums were running an Instagram competition, inviting bloggers to post images of dishes made with eggs. I posted an image every day, but it's this photo of a spring greens salad with eggs, dandelion leaves, primroses and fresh garlic leaves which won me the prize of the day.



23.03: I love the plum blossom, it is so fragrant and beautiful. On the way to Eddie's school we pass by a few enormous old plum trees. In summer they are covered with small yellow plums, incredibly sweet. I always fancy raiding them for a good jam-making session, as all of the harvest is totally wasted, ending up squashed by the feet of the passerbys. They are not in private gardens, but in an alley on the way to the shopping centre. And they are also pretty high to pick them easily.



24.03: Having popped into the local medical centre for the prescription, I browsed the shelves with the second-hand books. I picked a copy of Ready Steady Cook book, I enjoyed this show a lot, when I was newly married, and worked part-time, usually coming home just in time for the daily show. The dedication in the book is so flowery and effusive "Me and you always together", yet it ended up discarded in the pile of unwanted books. It made me rather sad to think what could have happened to that young couple. I didn't buy the book.



25.03 Eddie and I baked some cupcakes after school, using a boxed Frozen-themed cupcake mix. Eddie was mighty proud of his success.



26.03: Walking home from school, I saw two magpies and told myself "One for sorrow, two for joy". But as soon as I took out a camera from my bag, the second magpie managed to hide among the branches, and I was left with just one. Now that's annoying.



27.03: We already started on Easter eggs, as it's never too early, isn't it?! Eddie loved his Shaun the sheep chocolate egg from Divine.



28.03: Not the best start of the holiday break. A miserable grey day, it's been drizzling non-stop. Our garden is benefiting though from all the extra watering.

Helebore

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

9 comments:

  1. What beautiful blossom. And that book?! Wow,I wonder what happened there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can almost write a novel based on that book dedication.

      Delete
  2. Well done on your well-deserved Britmums prize - what did you win ? The book made me smile - maybe he was just too enthusiastic ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was £25 of John Lewis vouchers, haven't received it yet. Yes, the guy was a bit over the top, but then he didn't expect it to be read by the strangers. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who says that when I see Magpies. I saw six the other day! Congratulations on your winning photo. That book made me feel sad too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six? Is that for gold? did you buy a lottery ticket?

      Delete
  4. Never too early for Easter Eggs! :) Happy Anniversary and I love the colourful salad in the first photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete