Wednesday 3 December 2014

Big Ben 3D puzzle (Ravensburger)

After struggling with my last Ravensburger Christmas Farm 1000-pieces puzzle for over five days, you would have thought I might want to take a break from jigsaw puzzles. Not me! I actually find this to be a very therapeutic hobby. I have already reviewed two Ravensburger 3d puzzles (see my posts about The Colosseum and Taj Mahal), and both of the beautiful constructions are proudly displayed on our book shelves in the sitting and dining rooms. This time I received an iconic British landmark, recreated as a 3d jigsaw puzzle by Ravensburger - Big Ben.



The Houses of Parliament's clock tower named after Sir Benjamin Hall, celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2009. It is known all over the world, and I do remember my English classes, when we studied such topics like London and its places of interest.
Now you can assemble your very own Big Ben. This 3d puzzle is made, using the latest puzzle technology from Germany. You can certainly rely on the German craftsmanship, the puzzle pieces are strong and sturdy. It comes in a stylish robust box.



Each piece has unique hinges, and all the pieces slot together easily, building a sturdy-standing tower.
There are 216 numbered pieces in total. The completed project measures up to 41cm tall.
Put the tower on the printed base board, or somewhere on the shelf, among the books.
It makes a beautiful visual focus.



The main "trunk" of the tower is very easily assembled, but the spire and the top part not so easily. In fact I struggled a bit, as the pieces kept getting un-hinged.
I absolutely love it.
Like with all 3d puzzles from Ravensburger, the attention to detail is amazing.



Ravensburger 3d range includes the other stunning landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Empire State Building and more.
If you have a jigsaw puzzle lover in your family, this set might make a perfect gift for Christmas or any other occasion.


Disclosure: I received Big Ben puzzle for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.


1 comment:

  1. I have just done this one as well, they are really fab when done

    ReplyDelete