Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Gruffalo's Child Pancake

It's not fun to be poorly. My little man woke up today with high temperature. He was most upset that I wouldn't take him to the nursery to play with his best friend Charlie. To cheer him up I asked him if he'd fancy a pancake, and what should it be. As The Gruffalo's Child is the latest craze in our house (Eddie insists on reading the story and watching the DVD every day), I expected he would request it. I was right.



Make the pancake your usual way (I use 2 medium eggs, 80ml milk, 4tbsp flour (wholemeal + plain 50/50%), 1tbsp soured cream, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of sugar). Using a sharp knife, cut out the contour of the Gruffalo's child. Carefully draw the outlines with Queen writing icing (in chocolate). A piece of banana will work as an eye.




Eddie was happy with my craftsmanship but critically pointed out "Mama, why does she have one eye?" Erm, her second eye is on the other side.
Happy Pancake Day to all my friends!


5 comments:

  1. wow, that's fantastic - you're so talented ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! That was a real quickie, as Eddie's been really poorly, so I had to work fast

      Delete
  2. Thats so clever! Too nice to eat

    ReplyDelete