Thursday 7 November 2013

Belvita Cocoa breakfast biscuits

What do you have for breakfast? Is it a rushed affair, when you only have a chance to grab a cup of coffee and gulp it in one go before dashing out for work or school run? Or do you have a chance to sit down for a few minutes and have a bowl of cereal or toast with jam or Marmite? Or are you a biccies-for-breakfast-type of person?
Belvita is a well known range of breakfast biscuits, which are made with wholegrain and are rich in cereals. They are a good source of fibre and contain a selection of vitmains and minerals.




Though Belvita is designed for breakfast, I actually eat biscuits as snacks during the day. I love biccies, I do, though first thing in the morning I crave is an enormous cup of tea and probably a toast. I leave biscuits for elevenses or a four o'clock cuppa. Then I am happy to munch a biccie or two. I have been buying Belvita honey biscuits, and was curious to try a new flavour -Cocoa with Choc Chips.



They taste chocolatey, like Bourbons without the cream. I love the idea that they contain wholegrain and fibre, but I do question the amount of fat in each biscuit (2.1g) as well as sugar (3.8g). I have read some indignant reports, saying that they are not as healthy as they claim to be, and have more fat and calories than Hobnobs or Rich tea. Personally I don't typically count the calories and believe in moderation in everything. If you have a balanced varied diet, eat plenty of fruit and veg, then there is nothing wrong with having a few biscuits now and then.



Taste-wise, they are lovely, crispy and crunchy. I wouldn't have them for breakfast every day as they are quite high in calories, but they are definitely convenient for a grab-and-go breakfast. Each box comes with 6 packs of 4 biscuits.

And if you have a minute to spare, why don't you spread some low fat cream cheese on one of the biscuits and top it up with the other to make a sandwich. Low fat cottage cheese would be tasty too.

In fact, Belvita suggests to take a little time to enjoy a balanced Belvita breakfast: a low fat yogurt, a portion of fruit, a cup of tea or coffee = approx. 20% of your guideline daily energy intake.



For more information and product range, please visit Belvita Breakfast Biscuits.

Disclosure: I received a box of Belvita cocoa biscuits for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

4 comments:

  1. I love Belvita Breakfast Biscuits but I haven't tried this flavour yet,and as a self confessed Chocoholic,they sounds gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! As a chocolate lover and a lover of Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, I'll definitely give these a go! Great post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Belvita breakfast biscuits. Haven't seen these ones yet. Must look out for them x

    ReplyDelete