Wednesday 27 November 2013

All Aboard Interactive Story Book

Are you one of those annoying well-organised people who had all their Christmas gifts shopping done and wrapped before September? Or like me, you're still thinking what to get for your kids and dear husband? I have squirrelled a couple of presents for my little man but most of my gifts are yet to be purchased. Anything where you need to press buttons gets thumbs up from my kids. I just knew my 3-year-old will be happy to read a new All Aboard Interactive Storybook from Hallmark.

interactive books for children


The book has an On/Off button at the top right hand edge and comes with the pre-installed batteries (just pull the tab to start it). Sit with your child in a quiet place and read aloud. Once you read the highlighted phrases, the book springs into action and will automatically respond to your voice, asking your little one to participate.
As you can guess from the book title "All Aboard" takes you on a train journey. Connor the train conductor will welcome you on board the train. You are invited to travel to Celebration City.



Connor likes to chat, and will ask you lots of questions, as you turn the pages of the book. Help him find the missing ticket or choose the track for the train, say Hello to the farmer feeding her chickens and keep the train clean and tidy.



As soon as we finished reading the book, Eddie wanted to read it again. This is a kind of a book that appeals to him. Depending on what you child chooses or says, there will be different responses from Connor. This fun book has over 30 possible interactions.



This enjoyable interactive book will make a lovely Christmas gift.
My only unenthusiastic critique of the book will be that I found Connor's voice a bit too loud to my taste. I wish there was a way to make the sound lower.
The illustrations are colourful and remind of the books I enjoyed reading as a child.

Disclosure: I received this interactive book for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment