Saturday 5 November 2011

Avocado and cashew nuts salad


Do you love avocados? I do. I remember the first time I tried it, it was about 16 years ago, when I was a student at KIAD and was renting a room in a house where we had students from several countries. A friend of mine Cloe taught me how to make an avocado salad with cashew nuts and cheese.


It is a very easy and healthy salad. All you need is a good ripe avocado, iceberg lettuce, cashew nuts (unsalted), a hard cheese (like Leerdammer or Jarlsberg) and a dressing made of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Just cube the cheese and avocado (half an avocado per person), add a sprinkling of cashew nuts, skatter these ingredients on top of the iceberg lettuce, drizzle with a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and it is ready.
Brilliant for a quick lunch, when you don't want to be stuffed.
 I enjoy the combination and variety of tastes and textures of the smooth avocado, firm cheese, crispy lettuce and cruchy nuts in this salad.

6 comments:

  1. sounds delicious and good for you - thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled sea bass, I will be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll add the ingredients to my shopping list this weekend. Might try it out, then present it alongside other tasty vegetarian dishes at Christmas time- 2 vegetarian grand daughters.
    @kohsamuirosie on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a vegetarian love to try new vegetarian dishes and this looks delicious and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the ingredients in this salad. I might try it sometime. Thanks!
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing. High energy and protein too so looks good for a post gym meal :-)

    ReplyDelete